Method #1 Melting the Edge
This method is best used on straight or diagonal edges.
- Trim down the edge of the ribbon.
- Take a lighter and run the flame along the edge.
- Don't envelop the ribbon in the flame, you want to gently touch the edge so it melts from the heat (you're not burning it!).
Method #2: Clear Varnish
This method is great if you have shaped the edge of your ribbon as melting the edge can change the shape.
- Cut the edge of the ribbon in the desired shape.
- Get a bottle of clear nail varnish, I use Barry M in Clear 54.
- Gently coat the raw edge of the ribbon in the varnish and leave to dry.
If you enjoyed this post please comment, follow and share!